Church Of England RSS Feed
- Ofsted becoming a schoolroom security service is step too far
- Growing number of parishes providing help to people with debt
- Daily Digest: Richard III at Leicester Cathedral
- Head of school policy appointed for Church of England Education Office
- Daily Digest: Bishop of Liverpool on Christmas Card writing
- New Virtual Learning Environment officer for Ministry Division
- Daily Digest: Cathedral attendance figures
- Latest ‘how to’ book to help get churches noticed launched today
- Ten Years of Successful Engagement for Church Investors Group
- Cathedrals offer place of peace and prayer in busy lives, reveal new stats
|What's New at All Saints?|
CHRISTMAS TREE FESTIVAL - NOVEMBER 28TH - 29TH 2014
Tree entries are welcomed from individuals – child or adult, children’s and adult’s groups/clubs, families, businesses, schools/nurseries and churches.
It’s free to enter a tree!
Visitors to the festival will be asked to pay £2 per person (children free) to view and vote for their favourite tree in each of seven categories plus an overall best tree in the festival.
Entrants supply their own tree which they then take home at the end of the festival to enjoy over the Christmas season.
There will be certificates and small prizes for the winning entries which will be awarded at the 6pm service on Sunday 30 November.
To enter a tree, simply complete the attached entry form with a few details and give to Ruth or John Ison who will then let you have more details about when to bring your tree to
church. For further details or if you have any queries, please speak to Ruth or John.
Entry forms can be downloaded and printed from HERE
Watch this Space
Watch this Space is an alternative worship event aimed at 15-29 year-olds (although we're quite happy if younger teenagers turn up, as long as they are in Year 9 or above). So what to expect? Food, hot chocolate, an icebreaker activity, Bible-based discussion in small groups and some informal worship. We meet every month and our next dates are 16 Nov 2014 and 18 Jan 2015. We start at 8.00 pm and finish at 9.15 pm.
Our next Xpress Creations dates are Sat 15 Nov 2014 and Sat 17 Jan 2015. Come along at 10.30 am for some free craft and Lego-making activities, ending with bacon batches at about 11.45 am. All welcome.
Eight Essential Qualities for Healthy, Growing Churches
A year ago we took a survey which showed that our church was strong in a number of areas: our structures are effective, our leadership is empowering and our spirituality is passionate! Our weakest area was 'Gift-based ministry', and we've taken steps to improve in this - a Lent course, a 'Taste and See' afternoon and many one-to-one conversations have all aimed to ensure that people are doing the jobs they are gifted in, and that they feel free to try new things.
On 4 November we took the survey again to see how things have changed. Watch this space to find out...!