Church Of England RSS Feed
- Statement from Revd Dr Brendan McCarthy on Mitochondrial replacement therapy
- Church of England investing bodies welcome Shell response on climate change
- Daily Digest: The growth of 'hipster' evangelical churches around San Francisco
- Released for mission, growing the rural church
- Statement on Rev Stephen Sizer
- Daily Digest: Archbishop of Canterbury blog on the dangers of social media and warning against tweeting in anger
- Daily Digest: Archbishop of Canterbury's sermon from Trinity Church, Wall Street, New York
- Daily Digest: Reports on yesterday's consecration of Libby Lane as first female bishop in the CofE
- Rt Revd Libby Lane consecrated at York Minster
- Daily Digest: Reports ahead of the consecration of Libby Lane
|What's New at All Saints?|
Watch this Space
Watch this Space is an alternative worship event aimed at 15-29 year-olds (although we're quite happy if younger teenagers turn up, as long as they are in Year 9 or above). So what to expect? Food, hot chocolate, an icebreaker activity, Bible-based discussion in small groups and some informal worship. We meet every month and our next dates are 18 Jan, 22 Feb and 15 Mar 2015. We start at 8.00 pm and finish at 9.15 pm.
Our next Xpress Creations dates is Sat 17 Jan 2015. Come along at 10.30 am for some free craft and Lego-making activities, ending with bacon batches at about 11.45 am. All welcome.
Eight Essential Qualities for Healthy, Growing Churches
A year ago we took a survey which showed that our church was strong in a number of areas: our structures are effective, our leadership is empowering and our spirituality is passionate! Our weakest area was 'Gift-based ministry', and we've taken steps to improve in this - a Lent course, a 'Taste and See' afternoon and many one-to-one conversations have all aimed to ensure that people are doing the jobs they are gifted in, and that they feel free to try new things.
On 4 November we took the survey again to see how things have changed. Watch this space to find out...!