Church Of England RSS Feed
- Daily Digest: Westminster Abbey's first new tower in almost 300 years
- Daily Digest: Syrian Christians flee villages, blogs and more
- Daily Digest: Archbishop Justin in Birmingham
- Daily Digest: Pastoral Letter and Living Wage
- Statement on Living Wage
- Daily Digest: Archbishop of Canterbury four-day visit to Birmingham
- Secretary General To Step Down
- Daily Digest: Weekly podcast including bishops on pastoral letter
- Response to Pastoral Letter article in The Times
- Daily Digest: Further reports and comment on the Bishop's pastoral letter
|What's New at All Saints?|
Watch this Space
Watch this Space is an alternative worship event aimed at 15-29 year-olds (although we're quite happy if younger teenagers turn up, as long as they are in Year 9 or above). So what to expect? Food, hot chocolate, an icebreaker activity, Bible-based discussion in small groups and some informal worship. We meet every month and our next dates are 22 Feb and 15 Mar 2015. We start at 8.00 pm and finish at 9.15 pm.
Our next Xpress Creations dates are Sat 14 March, 18 April, 6 June and 11 July 2015. Come along at 10.30 am for some free craft and Lego-making activities, ending with bacon batches at about 11.45 am. All welcome.
Eight Essential Qualities for Healthy, Growing Churches
A year ago we took a survey which showed that our church was strong in a number of areas: our structures are effective, our leadership is empowering and our spirituality is passionate! Our weakest area was 'Gift-based ministry', and we've taken steps to improve in this - a Lent course, a 'Taste and See' afternoon and many one-to-one conversations have all aimed to ensure that people are doing the jobs they are gifted in, and that they feel free to try new things.
On 4 November 2014 we took the survey again to see how things have changed... and Gift-based ministry is now our highest area! Our new lowest area is Need-oriented Evangelism, so over the next year we're going to enjoy learning how to share our faith more effectively with our neighbours and friends.