Church Of England RSS Feed
- Church welcomes English Heritage At Risk Register featuring churches for first time
- Digest: Calls for new head of Government inquiry into historic sexual abuse to quit
- Church of England and Sustrans team up for Towers and Spires cycling tours
- Digest: Church commissioners lead socially responsible investment
- Digest: news & blog on catholic family synod & more
- Bishops of Truro and Ely speak in House of Lords Social Justice debate
- Digest: Archbishop Justin interviewed on Isil threat
- Digest: Archbishop Justin writes in Prospect on dealing with ISIS & Jihadism
- Churches unite for global day of prayer to end “grave crime” of human trafficking
- Digest: Archbishop Justin speech to Lords on Women Bishops
|What's New at All Saints?|
Watch this Space
Watch this Space is an alternative worship event aimed at 15-29 year-olds (although we're quite happy if younger teenagers turn up, as long as they are in Year 9 or above). So what to expect? Cake, hot chocolate, an icebreaker activity, Bible-based discussion in small groups and some informal worship. We meet every month and our next dates are 19 Oct and 16 Nov. We start at 8.00 pm and finish at 9.15 pm.
Our next Xpress Creations dates are Sat 15 Nov 2014 and Sat 17 Jan 2015. Come along at 10.30 am for some free craft and Lego-making activities, ending with bacon batches at about 11.45 am. All welcome.
Eight Essential Qualities for Healthy, Growing Churches
A year ago we took a survey which showed that our church was strong in a number of areas: our structures are effective, our leadership is empowering and our spirituality is passionate! Our weakest area was 'Gift-based ministry', and we've taken steps to improve in this - a Lent course, a 'Taste and See' afternoon and many one-to-one conversations have all aimed to ensure that people are doing the jobs they are gifted in, and that they feel free to try new things. Now it's time to take the survey again and see if we've improved! All are welcome to come along on Tues 4 November at 7.30 pm to help shape the future...