Church Of England RSS Feed
- Church Commissioners second most charitable UK donor in City AM list
- Daily Digest: Women Bishops and House of Lords
- Church of England welcomes publication of Lords Spiritual (Women) Bill
- Daily Digest: Revd Libby Lane announced as the next Bishop of Stockport
- The Revd Libby Lane Announced as Bishop of Stockport
- Daily Digest: Reports that the Church of England is set to announce its first woman bishop
- Go-ahead for major church credit union
- A Note from the Bishop of Ely on “The Green Report”
- Daily Digest: memorial mass for victims of Sydney siege
- Good with money report praises Commisioners' best practice
|What's New at All Saints?|
Carol Services at All Saints
We're honoured this year to be hosting the High Sherriff of Warwickshire's Annual Carol Service on Thurs 11 Dec at 7.30 pm. Music will be provided by the Coleshill Silver Band as well as our own organ, with special items from Canon Maggs C of E Junior School Choir. The preacher will be the Rt Revd Christopher Cocksworth, the Bishop of Coventry. The service will be candlelit, and will end with mulled wine and mince pies. All are very welcome.
Watch this Space is an alternative worship event aimed at 15-29 year-olds (although we're quite happy if younger teenagers turn up, as long as they are in Year 9 or above). So what to expect? Food, hot chocolate, an icebreaker activity, Bible-based discussion in small groups and some informal worship. We meet every month and our next date is 18 Jan 2015. We start at 8.00 pm and finish at 9.15 pm.
Our next Xpress Creations dates is Sat 17 Jan 2015. Come along at 10.30 am for some free craft and Lego-making activities, ending with bacon batches at about 11.45 am. All welcome.
Eight Essential Qualities for Healthy, Growing Churches
A year ago we took a survey which showed that our church was strong in a number of areas: our structures are effective, our leadership is empowering and our spirituality is passionate! Our weakest area was 'Gift-based ministry', and we've taken steps to improve in this - a Lent course, a 'Taste and See' afternoon and many one-to-one conversations have all aimed to ensure that people are doing the jobs they are gifted in, and that they feel free to try new things.
On 4 November we took the survey again to see how things have changed. Watch this space to find out...!